Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 12th: Click


Alright, the meteor incident. It was a few weeks ago. I was walking down the street a happy man as I had a bright future, a wonderful job and a lovely girlfriend. On my way to work I saw a man, of course that wasn't unusual but the man himself was very strange. He had long grey hair and a grey coat. He was sitting on the bench in the park that I walk trough to get to work. I waved to him as I am a particularly friendly person or I try to be. The man was switching between looking at his pocket watch and looking at the sky.

 "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked.

"The sky?"

"Click" he said as he clicked the top button of his pocket watch.

I looked up at the sky and it looked like a meteor about to strike the city. I freaked and looked at the man in panic, the man unlike me was calm.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

I ran, I ran as fast as I could towards the station. I was babbling, sweating and panting and I ran into my boss' office and told her about the meteor, upon which she panicked and made a special announcement on the news starring me. Since I had a Phd. in meteorology she seemed to trust me, although meteorology has to do with the weather not meteors, but I get why people would confuse that.

Anyway, the entire town panicked and after several hours we had to make another announcement saying that the threat was false. The meteor never showed up, despite the fact that I clearly saw it.

That is why most people hate me.
Even my girlfriend left me because after work I acted delusional and told her about the man in the grey coat and all that.

"You are a sad man" was the last thing she said to me.

That was not a good day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment